Our temperatures in the Valley are already at 107. Too hot to be outside for a long time. So what can you do to stay cool and still have fun?
1. Missing the pool in your backyard? Check out one of the many Waterparks in the Valley. If it is Wet ‘n Wild, Big Surf Waterpark or Golfland SunSplash. You can also find Family Aquatic centers in each city for a nice cool off for the whole family.
2. Take a vacation in one of Arizona’s resorts. We have some of the best resorts in the country right here in the Phoenix area from family resorts, romantic hideaways and everything in between.
3. Don’t mind the travel? Explore Northern Arizona for the weekend. Just some destination ideas are Grand Canyon, Sedona, Flagstaff, or even Prescott and Payson are nice getaway destinations for some lower temperatures.
4. If you enjoy lakes, fishing and boating plan a day or weekend at one of Arizona’s Lakes. Just to name some of the 31 lakes in Arizona: Saguaro Lake, Lake Powell, Apache Lake, Canyon Lake, Roosevelt Lake, Bartlett Lake or Horseshoe Lake.
5. How does Indoor fun for the whole family sound? There’s plenty if indoor places to check out around the Valley. To name just some examples: Makutu’s Island, Nutin But Fun, Laser Quest, Skateland, Arizona Science Center, Arizona Museum for Youth, Pueblo Grande Museum and Archeological Park.
What are your favorite ways to keep cool in this heat?